The baptism of the Holy Spirit is essential for every believer. It is the Holy spirit that empowers us to do the work of the Lord (Acts 1:8). The baptism of the Holy Spirit is a gift to every believer that ask in faith to receive. Jesus told the disciples not to hinder the children from coming to Him and this holds true to this day (Matthew 19:14). Jesus wants to be close even to the children. The baptism of the Holy Spirit is not just for adults but also for children.
Below are 6 tips to help prepare your child(ren) to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit:
1. Ensure they are ready and desiring to receiving the baptism of the Holy Spirit. A resistant child is usually not the best candidate to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. It is important that the child is ready to receive because their is no particular age it all has to do with the readiness of that particular child.
2. Teach them about the Holy Spirit and why as believer we need this awesome gift. Read scriptures that pertain to the baptism of the Holy Spirit. (Acts 2:4 etc.,)
3. KILL FEAR. Sometimes children for whatever reason can be fearful and this will shut down their ability to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Sharing your own experience and reassuring them is usually enough to calm their fears.
4.Pray with them so that their heart becomes ready to receive. Pray against fear or anything else that would block their ability to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit
5. Answer any questions and/or address any concerns your child(ren) might have.
6. Explain to them how they might begin to speak words that do not sound familiar but that it is ok because the Holy Spirit can give them a new language.